Did you know… ?
- In one day an adult elephant will eat and drink the equivalent of 714 Big Macs and 594 cans of Coke
- An adult male can weigh as much a 3 Land Rovers or 6 Hyundai i 10’s
- Elephants are vegetarians.
- Elephants are right or left handed regarding their tusks. This is why the tusks vary in size and the degree of wear and tear as one tusk is favoured.
- A female elephant carries a baby for 22 months before giving birth.
- New born ellies weigh in at around 120 kg’s.
- Elephants spend 12 out of every 24 hours looking for and consuming food and water.
- Elephants can tip toe, sort of. The spongy soles on their huge feet enable them to walk silently when they need to.
- An elephant can go underwater and use it’s trunk as a snorkel.