Spring has arrived and the Overberg is exploding with the colours, smells and tastes of nature.
This is the time to discover and fall in love with Gansbaai, a fabulous coastal town just 40km past Hermanus.
Read all about Gansbaai here.
Gansbaai is celebrating spring in style, and everyone is invited to the Funky Fynbos Festival.
Please note the new times for the MTB and Trail Run Events.
19th September 2015 MTB RACE. 45km at 08:30 | 30km at 08:45 | 10km at 09:00
20th September 2015 TRAIL RUN. 30km at 07:30 | 12km at 08:45 | 6km at 09:00
Here are ten good reasons why you should be there.
- If like me you have been hibernating all through winter, this festival is just the thing to get you off the couch, away from the screens, and energised by nature.
- You can go to relax and take slow walks on the beach or gentle strolls through forests or fynbos
- You can man up and compete in MTB races, trail runs, or 4x 4 adventures. To enter just click on the links below.
Rockets Funky Fynbos Mountain Bike races. 10km, 30km or 45km.
Cape Mohair Trail Runs. 6km, 12km or 30km
Flower Power 4X4 events Various degrees of difficulty
- Eat yourself into a coma. Local is lekkker and there is plenty of true South African yumminess on offer. A fish braai, a perlemoen potjie, lamb on the spit, or coffee and pancakes. These are just a few of the taste-bud treats to be enjoyed with a glass or 6 of local wine.
- Win big time. All entrants to the trail run or MTB races automatically qualify for the lucky draw to win 1 adult Momsen Big Gun Fat Bike valued at R 12000, or 1 Junior Rapid Fat bike valued at R3750.
- Win some more. Up for grabs are cash or vouchers for shark cage diving, whale watching and accommodation. It could be your lucky day.
- Test your golfing skills on the southernmost golf course in Africa. The locals say you can land of Boeing on this course, but not a golf ball. To enter the golf competition please contact the golf course directly on +27 (0) 28 384-1441 or E-mail: [email protected]
- Take the kids and keep them entertained all day, outdoors. Let them tackle the short MTB routes and trail runs, ride a horse or a pedal go kart, see a magician, have their face painted or take them to walk in the forest or to the caves on the beach. This town is big on family and there is loads to keep the little people active and happy
- Enjoy the flowers, the market stalls filled with crafts, food and smiles, and the slow country life.
- Come for the day or better still, stay overnight. Click here for accommodation.
See you there.
Bring your walking shoes, a swimming costume, and an appetite for food and fun.
For more information go to www.funkyfynbos.co.za